Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's Utah got that I don't?!

This week I lost another friend to Utah. In case you don't keep up with my personal life ;) that makes three of my best girlfriends now living among the Wasatch mountains. Now I realize that circumstances may lead people to less than ideal places. Even Nathan and I had a brief stint up there. But honestly, enough is enough. For my good friends and family living in Utah due to "circumstances" I think I'll just take a moment to remind you of reasons you may want to give yourself a timeline to get out, aka the cons to living in Utah. Now in the interest of fair and balanced reporting, I'll also include a pros list.

pros: Cafe Rio,great skiing, LDS church HQ
cons: eateries like Taco Time and Taco Bueno, winters that go on FOREVER, Utah drivers, Judgey McJudgertons, inversion, the smell of cows, backcombing (aka-teasing) hair is considered a good fashion for ladies,and of course a surprising number of people who consider any place outside of Utah the "mission field". I mean really.

By the way, this is one of the images that came up when I googled "Utah hair"


After reading this I highly suggest you sit down and create your exit strategy. No one is saying it must be immediate, but really, how long can you live in a place where people thought it was a great idea to build houses on sand. (If you don't know what I'm referring to, drive by the point of the mountain. Literally the houses were built on SAND!!)

I'll be here to help every step of the way. You may also need some suggestions on where to relocate. I'd be happy to help on that front as well.

3 comments:

Matt, Erin, Kaden, Sophia, Jack, & Leah said...

Don't you worry, I hear ya! And I'm trying, you know I am!

Christy said...

If consists of MANY mormons, didn't they go to primary and sing the song that taught us that it's a bad idea to build houses on the sand? Ironic.

Ann said...

When I googled Texas hair, a funny example came up too. Don't have a clue how to post the photo, but the link is:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9zP3IJ2JXm4/Sm9gnUhJdmI/AAAAAAAABDo/jkXG5Qf4icw/s320/big_hair.jpg

 
House of Spice. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino