Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back in the Day

Over the Thanksgiving Break (for which I had one week of vacation...teaching aint all bad);) I was looking at a store advertisement with my three year old niece Katie.

I was almost shocked at how young the desire for a toy starts. I guess I just don't have any recollections of wanting a toy so bad that young. When we got to the doll page she audibly gasped (so cute!) and pointed at a doll and told me, "I want that!"

When I was about seven I would have killed for a Magic Nursery Baby. Watch the following clip to see why...


Awesome. I know.
If I remember correctly Santa wasn't able to give it to me at Christmas because he had run out of them by the time he got to our house. So after checking in SEVERAL stores in the days following Christmas I finally got my beloved toy.
It may very well have been the most exciting day of my life up to that point.
Once I found out my doll was in fact a girl, I filled in her "birth certificate". I think I named her Mitsy. How 90s.

1 comments:

Mel said...

Me too!! I remember begging and begging for a Magic Nursery doll. Dissolving that packet in water to get the birth certificate was one of the defining moments of my childhood.

 
House of Spice. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino