Monday, August 9, 2010

2006

It's not all that often that you get to see your "past" self through your "present" lenses. I just had that opportunity though. I was in my email account and for some reason I decided to look through old emails between Nathan and myself. It was so funny to read what was going on in the first year of our marriage. It made me laugh. I think I may share a few examples. But you should note that at that time we were not refined and apparently we were not into proper spelling and/or punctuation. Also you should know that Nathan and I can be quite silly in our dialogues. That's on purpose.
_____________________________________
1/26/06 Me to N
oh hello honey,

I just got off the phone with you and I just wanted to make sure that you know that I don't really think you are a growdo or a weirdo because your toothbrush is funky or because you bleed from weird orifices of your body.

When I married you , I married all of you and I love the whole package :) So don't get down, YOU ARE GREAT!

I love you honey and I can't wait to get home and see you!

love,
me
________________________________________
REPLY N to me
I know I'm not a growdo. I do know that your the
best. and my nose isn't a wierd orifice. It's way
cool.

Stay cool

Nathan

p.s. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
_________________________________________
REPLY me to N
"stay cool" ?!
what, are we back on your mission?? :) You're a geek

Regards,
Janae

P.S- I LOVE YOU TOO
_________________________________________
2/17/06 Me To N on the matter of getting a dog

Well so far this is what I have come to decide. I really cannot get excited about getting a dog in July just because we don't know what our situation will be at that time. Will you have a job? Will we be moving, if we are were are we living, do they allow dogs etc.

I know you want a dog very badly so if you want you can go ahead and prepare to get on in July. Just know that at this time I don't feel happy or excited about that. I may change my mind, I may not. I would just feel better if we waited. That's just how I feel. In December you would have my blessing and enthusiasm, I can't promise that to be the case in July.

Those are my thoughts, I'm leaving the final decision to you. I don't think any further discussion between us is going to change my mind. I love you honey

Janae
_____________________________
REPLY N to me
Honey,

I thank you for your e-mail honey. And I thank you
for taking the time to think about this issue. As far
as a descion goes, I will not make one now. I do want
to talk to you further about it, wether or nor it will
change your mind. This is not something that should
hurt our marriage, and if I did something without your
"blessing" then that is exactly what it will do.
We'll figure it out. I love you.

Nathan
_________________________________
5/8/06 Me to N- Apparently Nathan was very persuasive about getting a dog

List of things WE need to get done

1. make appt w/ vet for Saturday the 13th
2. get Kya's supplies food and water bowls, food, chew toy, ID tag
3. get boxes from Jesse
4. decide if we are getting a Uhaul
5. if so, reserve the Uhal
6. Make sure that our svcs are transfered to new apt as well as call gas company
7. Call Houston temple to see if we can go on Friday
8. Prepare a Puppy Training Plan (aka the PTP )
___________________________________
REPLY N to me
You're fun. I think it is great we are married, so I
can have fun with you all the time.

Stay cool.

Nathan
____________________________________
7/18/06 N to me- We were considering N taking a job with Ferguson. They did end up offering him a job... in Alaska

Ok, here are the choices for Ferguson. I found them
on the website. Austin, TX. Salt Lake City, UT. and
Medford, OR. Now remember that more than likely we
will only be at whichever place for about 9 months or
so. Check out Medford's web site and links. Like the
visitors center and stuff. We could treat it like a
nine month vacation where we have to work every once
in awhile.

:)
_____________________________________
8/4/06 Me to N- We were considering N taking a job at a startup company in UT with a guy named Vince or a job with Volkswagon Credit

Dear Nathan,

I want to know what the surprise is...now now now. but also, I think I am ready for a change. Why doesn't vince need us to move up there in Sept? What about VW? where are they? Are you my mother?

But also, Matt Tingey may be calling you so you should know about that. Let him know we are debating when to get up to Arlington b/c we just don't know. but i'm going to call Erin after work and see what she thinks- and he's married to her so maybe he will know what we should do.

hola

janae

____________________________
12/28/06 me to N- After living in UT for a few months

can't we move back to austin??? :)
______________________________

And that concludes 2006!

0 comments:

 
House of Spice. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino