Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grandma

Last Wednesday my paternal grandmother died. She was the last grandparent I had here. Even though we knew it was coming and she was ready, it still seemed to catch me off guard... if that makes any sense.

I started to think about her and my other grandparents. It sort of dawned on me that I woudln't be going to "grandma's house" anymore and all the memories associated with that. So in honor of my 2 sets of grandparents, now happily residing in the great beyond, a few memories and thanks.


Bread and jam in milk. I never liked it- kind of makes me happy that you did though.
Gifts at Christmas. Practically the most anticipated mail delivery of the year.
Picking raspberries in the yard.
BYU football fanatic... I still don't get it.
Thanks for the accomodations on our summer vacations.
Thanks for not grossing out when I threw up in your living room after a bad car ride to your house.
Thanks for not punishing me for blowing the horn downstairs.
I think turning the exercise trampoline into a bed for me was a stroke of genius!
Thanks for the money sent at birthdays and snuck into travel coolers on vacation.
And thanks for the warm hugs, warm cookies and warm homes you had for us to visit.

Till we meet again!

0 comments:

 
House of Spice. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino