Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Confessions

One of the favorite things about my marriage is that almost each night we ask each other if we have confessions. These are not heavy, "I have a secret credit card and we're in financial ruin" type of confessions. They are cooky, random and usually funny. Here a few favorites.

-When we were first married, I got really sick and thought I was running a fever. I went to the drug store and bought a thermometer and some plastic thermometer covers. I got home and took my temp. Nathan saw the plastic covers and was very interested. He wanted to take his temperature too. I said he shouldn't waste those covers.
A few nights later he confessed... he'd taken his temperature, WITH the plastic covers. Not once, not twice , but THREE times.

- Both of us confessed that we were secretly buying candy bars at work/school. Not that either one of us would have been upset by the other buying candy bars, I guess we just both felt guilty of it. We even made sure the wrappers were hidden from each other :)

- One of us confessed to crying, kind of a lot, at the end of the movie Legends of the Fall for some strange reason.

- One of us confessed to having a dream to one day wrestle a bear.

- One of us confessed to having a favorite student at school (I guess that gave it away who it was) :)

- One of us confessed to using the last of the milk in the morning before work and NOT caring that the other wouldn't have any for their breakfast.

- One of us confessed for being responsible for the foul odor that came out of nowhere earlier that day...

- One of us confessed that we wished that we could call our dogs while we're away on vacation to see how they are doing

Anyone have any confessions they want to get out there??

2 comments:

That's what she said! said...

I confess that I'd rather read old blog posts than study for my accounting exam tomorrow.

emi. said...

janae! i am so happy you are feeling a little better. i love you!

 
House of Spice. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino